Drawing upon more than four decades of senior financial executive and operations management and business consulting experience in the furniture and furnishings industry working with a sgnificant number of companies of various sizes, both privately and publicly-held, at the corporate, group and business unit levels, I launched The Downs Group. Since inception, The Downs Group has earned an outstanding, global reputation for quickly providing significant results, increasing stockholder value and earning and international reputation for stellar performance and achievements.
The Downs Group provides expert senior business consulting, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions (buy-side or sell-side), operations audits and analysis and outsourced c-level (CFO and COO) executive management services to the furniture, furnishings and related industries working for business, legal, banking, factoring, investment and private equity entities.
The Downs Group continually faces many diverse challenges, provides unique insider perspectives, performs quick, effective expert analysis and solves complex, critcal issues within its key service areas for furniture and furnishings manufacturers, distributors, importers and suppliers achieving significant results unmatched by any other advisory, accounting, CPA, auditing, broker or investment banking company serving The Downs Group's focused industry. The Downs Group is different, and based on its clients and peer reviews, the best. Over these four decades, I've proudly achieved a stellar reputation and bring these key critical success factors to each engagement:
2. Hard Work
3. Extensive Industry Contacts
5. Significant, Senior C-Level Executive Management Experience (Understands Details and the Big Picture)
6. Unique "Insider" Industry Perspectives (Unmatched)
7. Strong, Impressive Credentials (Unmatched)
8. "Hands-on" Experience in all major furniture and furnishings industry products/segments/price point categories (Unmatched)
9. Tough Negotiator
10. Superior Results/Follow Up
Backed by my personal commitment to excellence, coupled with a stellar reputation, hard work and integrity, The Downs Group is a CEO's confidant and/or "devils advocate", key executive board of directors member and trusted advisor achieving results significantly better than the engagement scope. The Downs Group provides strict confidentiality, strong seasoned exeutive management and consulting management experience and "hands on" in-depth industry expertise, combined with the seasoned, time-tested capabilities of understanding the "details", but seeing the "big picture" too.
The lower left hand corner is a “block”, representing “cornerstone” (for building a solid foundation), the “arrow” pointing upwards (represents “driving superior results”) and both “key symbols” are surrounded by a “D” for Downs which means the Downs Group covers and embraces the client within its key service areas and focused industry.
- Corporate Finance and Restructuring
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Buy-Side or Sell-Side)
- Lean Accounting and Continuous Improvement
- Outsourced CFO and COO Management
- J-I-T Financial Reporting and Variance Analysis
- Operations Audits and Analysis
- ERP Software Selection and Implementation
- Start-ups, Restarts, and Divestitures
- Licensing Agreements and Requirements
- OEM, Private Labeling and Global Strategic Alliances
- Strategic Planning and Business Development
- Sales Representative Agreements